Fun with MacOS (NOT) [was Re: Announceing subsurface 1.2]

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Sat Dec 10 06:52:04 PST 2011

On 10.12.11 15:43, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Henrik Brautaset Aronsen<subsurface at henrik.synth.no>  wrote:
>> Isn't it possible to statically link GTK and libusb into the binary?
>> Or provide the libraries somewhere in the .app?
> I failed to get it to link statically. Can you try to figure that out?
> Having them in the .app is ugly as hell...

As we discussed earlier, I suck at C, so I haven't been able to do it
either.  Maybe there are some wizards out there that can figure this out?

Having the libraries in the .app is ugly as hell, but not as ugly as
using an installer in OSX.  Everyone's used to installing by just
dragging the application to the /Application folder, and deinstalling by
dumping it in the trash.

Cheers,
Henrik