Bug: Cylinder editor doesn't honor sorting

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Dec 11 10:05:37 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 7:43 AM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
> Steps to reproduce:
> - Open example dive #6 and edit cylinders
> - Sort by O2 descending
> - Double click the first cylinder (with O2 = 50%)

Argh. Those cylinder lists aren't even supposed to allow sorting,
that's an accidental feature from the fact that we share the code for
creating the cylinder list with the divelist.

We don't actually save the cylinder index in the cylinder table, so
when the user sorts them in the widget, we're just screwed.

I *could* support sorting properly (add the appropriate index), but my
gut feel is that there is no real reason to sort just a couple of
entries, and that I should just turn off the ability to sort the
cylinder list by column. Would that be ok, or do people really like
that odd unintentional feature?

> Another thing: I'm not able to edit He%, it's missing from the edit
> dialogue.

Will fix. We haven't done trimix with Dirk yet (did the nitrox
blending class yesterday, I guess trimix will be the next logical
step), so I don't have any dives that ever needed Helium. But it's
easy enough to add, I just didn't have the right impetus.

                       Linus