Bug: Cylinder editor doesn't honor sorting

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Dec 11 12:27:27 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 12:00 PM, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen
<subsurface at henrik.synth.no> wrote:
> On 11.12.11 20:59, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>>
>> Hmm. The non-refresh is some old bug. And I guess we should do a
>> separate He column, if only so that you can sort by trimix?
>
> Yeah, that makes sense.

Actually, no it doesn't. We have bigger problems than "should we show
Helium content". What about multi-cylinder dives?

So I left it alone for now - some day we could use some fancy cell
renderer to show multiple cylinder information, in the meantime I'm
just leaving it broken and saying "tech divers would want to have more
information than really makes sense in the divelist summary line, so
consider it a pure recdiver issue".

So a tech diver that is really annoyed by it because it's such a
random small part of the cylinder information: go to preferences and
turn off O2 information entirely in the dive list.

But I fixed the "it doesn't update the value after editing" bug.
Again, the *proper* fix would be to not have to update the value at
all, and just have the cell renderer actually take the value from the
dive itself, and that was what the update code was kind of assuming.
But that wasn't actually what the silly divelist creation code did..

I also did your "European common cylinders", although I did it
differently from your patch, and I kind of disagree with the list. A
few comments about it in the changelog, but in the meantime you should
find the standard sizes there.

NOTE! Even if a size isn't listed in the standard size list,
subsurface *will* pick it up from your dives. So once you start using
a size, even if it's not in the hardcoded "common list", that size
will show up in your cylinder choice list as your own "localized"
cylinder.

So I think I will want to prune some of the less common "common" sizes some day.

                                 Linus