Bug: Cylinder editor doesn't honor sorting

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Dec 11 21:12:30 PST 2011

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 6:10 PM, Linus Torvalds

> We currently sort "air" as 21% nitrox, but I was actually considering
> sorting it as zero too (it wouldn't matter in practice, but it would
> mean that any nitrox blend - including a hypoxic one - would sort
> separately from air).

I take that back. I went and checked, and the version I committed was
the "air counts as 0%" version for sorting too, so the sorting is
actually consistent with the trimix use - air simply "doesn't count".

So if you were to do hypoxic nitrox blends, they would sort together
with the high-oxygen ones, and air dives will sort separately. So when
you sort on the O% column, trimix, nitrox and air will all be
"strictly separate" with no overlap (ie "any helium" followed by "any
nitrox - including hypoxic blends" followed by "pure air").

Nobody sane would do that, though. If somebody claims 10% O2 and 0% He
(hey, it would work below 30ft - you'd have enough PO2 to be ok, and
you could use a separate air-only tank at shallower depth to then make
'subsurface' show it as a 10% Nitrox dive), they're either crazy - and
have access to a nitrogen fill - or forgot to enter the Helium mix.

                        Linus