Bug: Cylinder editor doesn't honor sorting

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Mon Dec 12 00:25:27 PST 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 18:10:47 -0800, Linus Torvalds
> I know you added a comment about how you don't like air being
> internally handled as "0 permille O2" inside subsurface, but it's
> actually done that way on purpose, and I think it's the right thing to
> do even if some people think air is just EAN21. It means that we can
> do things like this:
>
>    if (he)
>      trimix
>    else if (o2)
>      nitrox
>    else
>       air
>
> and it all works out correctly.

How about not showing a percentage at all, but only the "classification"
(e.g. air/nitrox/trimix) using the logic above? It's very simply, no
possibility for misinterpretation and sorting/grouping works too. For more
details, you would have to look at the complete dive details, but that will
be the case for every type of summary anyway.

We could go even one step further and show the actual percentage (using
the O2 for nitrox and the O2/He representation for trimix) if there is only
a single gasmix, and the "classification" when there are multiple. I think
this may work well for both recreational and technical dives. Purely
recreational divers would never see the added complexity of trimix diving.
Technical divers know they'll have to look at the details for more info,
but for their fun dives the info will be right there.