[issue] blank dive->location values update from a newly set location value

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Nov 2 21:53:34 PDT 2011

On Wed, 2 Nov 2011 21:48:02 -0700, Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 9:18 PM, Linus Torvalds
> <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> >
> > Let me check.
>
> Hmm. It's something about the gtk_combo_box_entry text thing.
>
> Setting the text in the entry to empty doesn't seem to actually clear it.

I poked around as well. It seems to have a quite stubborn memory of the
last item that was active. Even manually setting the active item to NULL
doesn't sway it.

We need to get these location/buddy/divemaster_changed variables to work
again, I guess... right now they are bogus as they are only initialized
to 1 and never cleared (or set). But I couldn't figure out where to that
when I poked around...