From JDiveLog to Subsurface

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Nov 6 01:15:21 EDT 2011

On Sun, Nov 6, 2011 at 6:49 AM, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com>wrote:

> From: "Miika Turkia" <miika.turkia at gmail.com>
>
>  I believe that libxslt works on windows and macos but have no way to test
>> it (I tried to cross compile the original version for windows but got an
>> error even with that: unrecognized option ‘-pthread’).
>>

> seems to work ok on windows:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/**1627980/subsurface/jdive_**win32.gif<http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1627980/subsurface/jdive_win32.gif>

Great, thanks for testing.

 I have attached a slightly modified version that does not compile the XSLT
>> stuff in if libxslt is missing and installs the xslt files in Linux to
>> /usr/share/subsurface.
>>

> hmm, wouldn't it be better to install to the home dir:
> [win32 = %USERPROFILE%/, unix-like = $HOME]
> .subsurface/
>  -dives/
>  -xslt/
>
> ...for consistency across the OSes and so that the xslt files can be
> modified by non-root users?

You have a good point there. I think we'll have to add home dir related
XSLT directory to Linus' XSLT search path. Is the correct one on windows
something like "%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\subsurface"?

miika