From JDiveLog to Subsurface

Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com
Sun Nov 6 08:37:56 EST 2011

On Sat, 5 Nov 2011, Miika Turkia wrote:

> I have attached a slightly modified version that does not compile the XSLT
> stuff in if libxslt is missing and installs the xslt files in Linux to
> /usr/share/subsurface. I tried to make it so that it won't mess up the
> installation on other environments but as said cannot test it on these
> environments.

The commit 350462949d2dc205355e5c94ccaacf83a0775257 initiated by the patch
led to breakage:

	In file included from main.c:7:0:
	dive.h:8:25: fatal error: libxml/tree.h: No such file or directory
	compilation terminated.

on my system (debian sid).  The dev-package stores libxml/tree.h in a
different place:

	libxml2-dev: /usr/include/libxml2/libxml/tree.h
	                          ^^^^^^^
could be different for other distributions.  Modifying dive.h this way:

	-#include <libxml/tree.h>
	+#include <libxml2/libxml/tree.h>

works around that, but there may be other/better ways to correct this.
Header files location detection in Makefile might be a better way.
Thoughts?

Cheers,

--
Cristian