Air and water temperature

Alexandre Belloni alexandre.belloni at piout.net
Sat Nov 12 03:21:37 PST 2011

On Sat, Nov 12, 2011 at 06:04:13AM -0200, Dirk Hohndel wrote :
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2011 21:12:07 -0600, Alexandre Belloni <alexandre.belloni at piout.net> wrote:
> > Yeah, I also wanted to add OTU but, I guess it is better to let it be
> > calculated by subsurface. But for now, if I'm not mistaken, it is not
> > taking into account the recovery during the surface interval.
>
> Subsurface calculates the OTUs of every dive - I'm not aware of a
> formula for surface interval "recovery". Can you point me to a reference
> for that?

Unfortunately, no. I guess every dive computer vendor would have their
own. It is being referred in the Vyper manual in those words:

"the OTU monitoring is based on the long-term daily tolerance level and
the recovery rate is reduced"

Maybe we could get something out of
http://www.oceanwreckdivers.com/images/tolerating_exposure_to_high_oxygen_levels.PDF
and have a representation of the remaining allowable oxygen dose.

I think that PADI is always using a value of around 300 though they are
not using directly OTUs.

--
Alexandre Belloni