Project Goals

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Mon Oct 10 15:05:02 EDT 2011

On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:30:28 -0400 (EDT), John Van Ostrand <john at netdirect.ca> wrote:

> I'd like to contribute to this project and the project goals will help
> a lot, if they exist. For example: is subsurface intended for simple
> functionality or a larger set of features. I have lots of ideas on
> simpler things that could be added, many of which may be obvious.

The goals have grown quite a bit in the brief time the project has been
around :-)

We definitely are going for a much more complete feature set than we
initially thought. So propose away what you would like to see and we can
discuss here if you have things that we consider completely out of
scope.

> I'm a rescue certified diver with over 400 dives and I tend to wear a
> modest variety of gear, but more than the typical diver as such I
> can't add anything tech-related, but my needs are a little more
> complex than most recreational divers mostly around keeping track of
> buoyancy, weighting and SAC rates.

I definitely have adding more complete equipment tracking on my todo
list - I have just been distracted with creating the project website and
a few related infrastructure issues.

Can you describe what exactly you would like to see in tracking
"buoyancy, weighting and SAC rates"?

Thanks