binaries up on the site

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Oct 13 00:06:06 EDT 2011

Since some people prefer not to create their applications from source I
am starting to make some binaries available. For now I have packaged
Fedora 14 & 15 and OpenSUSE 11.4 (the version of cairo in OpenSUSE 11.3
appears to be too old for subsurface).

I looked into doing Debian based versions but decided that the anal
retentiveness and excessive redundantness of the Debian packaging rules
was more than I was willing to put up with. If someone else wants to
maintain these, please provide the various control files so I can build
these on OBS and I’ll be happy to put them up here as well.

The same goes for Mac or Windows binaries (except for the request to
provide OBS build configuration files… you’ll have to provide actual
binaries for that).

For now go to Downloads (http://subsurface.hohndel.org/downloads to get
the repos. And a special thanks to the OpenSUSE Build Service for
providing a really easy way to making these files available.