From JDiveLog to Subsurface

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 14:29:44 EDT 2011

In the past I have used JDiveLog to log my dives. Now that there is a lot
faster option to use in Linux I had to translate the data from JDiveLog to
Subsurface format. This resulted in learning XSLT to do the job. I have
attached the transform file if someone else needs to do the same conversion.

This is tested with data imported to JDiveLog from Suunto Stinger using
metric units. (I suppose imperial units will lead to quite interesting
results.) There is probably plenty of other features missing e.g. there is
no support for tank changes. However, all the basic information seems to be
transformed properly at least according my test data.

Usage: xsltproc jdivelog2subsurface.xslt <divelog.jlb> > divelog.xml

Note that if you have dives without profile information, subsurface will
crash when you try to view the dive profile. Attached patch will take care
of that (subsurface.diff).

miika