From JDiveLog to Subsurface

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Oct 29 14:51:51 EDT 2011

On Oct 29, 2011 11:29 AM, "Miika Turkia" <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the past I have used JDiveLog to log my dives. Now that there is a lot
faster option to use in Linux I had to translate the data from JDiveLog to
Subsurface format. This resulted in learning XSLT to do the job. I have
attached the transform file if someone else needs to do the same conversion.

If you have sample files from jdivelog that you would be willing to make
public (or send to me in private) I could also see how hard it would be to
just read them natively too...

Also, since I could never get jdivelog to work for me, if you have any
comments about missing features in subsurface, just holler.

> Note that if you have dives without profile information, subsurface will
crash when you try to view the dive profile. Attached patch will take care
of that (subsurface.diff).

heh. Since the only way to add dives to subsurface right now is from a dive
computer, I'm not surprised. There are some preliminary patches to add dives
manually, and obviously editing the xml by hand is possible, but I've just
never tested it..

Thanks, I'll apply this and also look at the manual addition if dives.

           Linus