From JDiveLog to Subsurface

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 13:01:23 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:14 PM, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:

> On Mon, 31 Oct 2011 07:45:24 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 7:04 AM, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be>
>> wrote:
>>

>>> The Suunto Vyper series only stores the temperature and tank pressure
>>> before
>>> and after the dive, and also the temperature at the maximum depth.

The Stinger seems to do the same as Vyper regarding the temperatures (no
pressure support) but my wife's D4 records the temperature every hundred
seconds or so it seems on the logs.

I didn't even realize that they were air-integrated at all. At least
>> giving the start/end pressure is better than not having it at all.
>>

> It depends on the model. The Cobra is definitely air integrated and I
> think the Vytec too (when using the wireless transmitter).

Seems that currently they are selling wireless pressure transmitter that
fits  Vytec-, Hel02, Vyper air- and D9 models.

 The jdivelog file doesn't seem to have those pressures, though - at
> least not in a format that looks like it came from a dive computer.
> The pressures it has seem to be entered by hand, because they are so
> round (eg "PSTART 2.2E7, PEND 8000000" - almost certainly in pascal,
> and thus looks very much like 220 bar down to 80 bar to me, and is
> unlikely to be a computer reading).

Manual entered data sounds plausible.

Yep, the pressures in my samples are manually entered as my computer does
not have any air integration. (Inserted as 220 to 80 bar as suspected.) So
nothing can be deducted from my samples regarding how jdivelog handles
pressure. Except for the pascal unit.

miika