First time subsurace usage surprises

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Aug 1 11:08:13 PDT 2012

On Tue, 2012-07-31 at 13:58 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I miss a feature to change attributes of several dive logs at the
> same time.
>
> I do too. I'd love for the multi-selection to work for all the
> equipment issues etc. It doesn't, and it's non-trivial to fix.
>
> Some of the equipment stuff is very tightly linked with the "current
> dive" thing, and worse, some of it is linked to not just the dive, but
> the actual printing of the dive data in the current view. You can see
> that when you do a "Add new dive", and get the cylinder equipment
> thing: it's actually getting the data from the dive that was displayed
> when you selected "Add new dive". The creation of the model for the
> cylinder is incestuous with the actual display routines.
>
> That needs fixing, since it causes actual buggy behavior even with
> that single dive case, but it's nasty gtk internal stuff, and I didn't
> get around to fixing it properly when I did the "add new dive" stuff.

I spent sometime today trying to get a basic thing working.
With this, you can select several dives, right-click and change with
this the rating, divemaster and buddy.
It is far from perfect but I thought that it might still be interesting,
at least as a basis to improve.
If the approach is approved, then we can add support for the tanks.

Let me know what you think of this.

Regards,
Pierre