First time subsurace usage surprises

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Aug 1 15:46:53 PDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:44 PM, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:

> Bluetooth is already being used by the Heinrichs Weikamp Frog and Shearwater
> Predator.

I'd love to like the Heinrichs Weikamp computers, but they don't do
integrated air.

There seems to be this crazy tech diver community that thinks wireless
air is a bad idea. They're wrong.

Sure, you want to have a gauge for backup, but wireless air
integration is still convenient while diving, and it's *required* for
me after the dive for logging. I will never buy a computer that
doesn't log my air use for that reason.

Sad. Because HW is so close in many other respects, and I love the
open-source side of it.

              Linus