First time subsurace usage surprises

Pierre-Yves Chibon pingou at pingoured.fr
Wed Aug 1 22:46:08 PDT 2012

On Thu, 2012-08-02 at 06:21 +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:

> Looks like a good start to me. Just a few comments after a very brief
> test:

Thanks

> - If all the selected dives have same info in them (like Buddy),
> pre-filling that information would be useful

Good point

> - By default empty fields should not clear already filled information
> from dives. E.g. I might have inserted Dive Master manually for three
> out of 5 dives and want to add single buddy to them all leaving DM
> unchanged.

I was not sure how to deal with this one, especially since you may want
to reset the field to null. But then, if I pre-fill the fields which are
all identical for all the dives, I guess I circumvent this problem.

> - Other information that should be included:
>   - Location
>   - Notes (write e.g. info on wet suit for a bunch of dives)

I had left these two out intentionally, I thought there were too dive
specific.

>   - Dive trip (currently not supported in subsurface but this would be
> useful for dive trip based statistics, similar to the yearly stats
> patch a while back)

Ah, there is a yearly stats work going on, good to know, I was thinking
about it yesterday. As for the dive trip, I guess it should be a
separate patch first, no?

>   - Cylinder size
>   - Weight system

I want to add these two indeed.

Thanks for the feedback, I'll try to improve the patch.

Pierre