First time subsurace usage surprises

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Thu Aug 2 08:09:52 PDT 2012

On 08/02/2012 01:54 PM, Miika Turkia wrote:
> Here is an example of a totally bogus value on wireless transmitter.

Certainly not impossible, but I still think that this is much less likely
than an (unsuspected) wrong reading from a mechanical gauge.

> I had a couple of dives with clearly bogus readings, however, some
> times the wireless sensor got stuck to specific reading or gave 10 or
> 20 bars more than just a minute before.

The "10 or 20 bars more than just a minute before" effect can also
be caused by an only partially open or clogged valve on the
tank - then the pressure in the first stage temporarily drops while
breathing in. (I am not saying that was the cause when you saw
that pressure increase, I just wanted to mention this as one potential
non-measurement-related cause.)

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg