First time subsurace usage surprises

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Fri Aug 10 05:01:28 PDT 2012

On 08/10/2012 01:26 PM, Jef Driesen wrote:
>> It's an important feature of a DC to me that I can wear it like
>> a watch - and look at it without having to take the hand it is attached
>> to from the camera.
>
> Sure it's larger then a watch, but that's exactly why I don't prefer a watch style dive computer. I
> see no reason to wear an expensive dive computer all day at the surface, when a simple watch
> (without dive computer) will do.

I look at this the other way around: I don't want to find me a secure storage
for 1) my watch while diving 2) my DC while not diving, so I see it as a big
benefit to have only one watch-sized item that I can wear both while diving
and during the rest of the (dive-vacation-)day.

> I really don't understand why you say you can't look at the ostc while holding your camera. The
> ostc's OLED display is perfect for this kind of task.

Sure, but I cannot conveniently look at a wired finimeter while holding the camera,
and the OSTC is not air integrated.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg