Linus' latest layout changes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Aug 18 18:17:01 PDT 2012

Hey Linus,

I really dislike the way the new addition of the scrollbar by default makes the top
two areas (notebook and profile) "shorter" than they should be with the result that
we get those horrible vertical scrollbars.

That just looks ugly and hides information from the user that they would want to
see when starting the program.

Here's a pull request that includes a proposed patch to fix this - we check the
space the notebook actually requests and give that to the pane by default.

The other patch changes the behavior of the stats page as we had discussed before...

The following changes since commit ed6356f7d9a69440c463ed750ab5bcb9f67819bc:

  Make the notebook portion (dive notes/equipment/info) a scrollable window (2012-08-18 14:37:43 -0700)

are available in the git repository at:
   git://git.hohndel.org/subsurface.git fixes

Dirk Hohndel (2):
      Fix default size for scrollable notebook
      Change default behavior for Stats to show selected dives

 gtk-gui.c    |    9 +++++++--
 statistics.c |    5 +----