Incorrect tank info.

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Wed Aug 22 03:19:52 PDT 2012

On 08/22/2012 11:44 AM, Ďoďo wrote:
> I am 100% sure I was in the AIR mode. I do not like if computer is
> displaying PPO2, mix etc, so even after Nitrox dive I do not set a new
> dive to 21% O2, but really switching to AIR.

Hmmm... I think I remember reading in the manual of the D9 (and the D6
is very similar) that switching from Nitrox to Air mode was possible
only after complete desaturation - the recommendation there was to
use "Nitrox 21%" mode instead of Air mode if one was changing from one
to each other.

But from what you wrote it seems that you were able to switch, did
you do that while the D6 was still indicating "no-fly"?

> But I was thinking about it a bit and one of possible - maybe odd -
> explanation I found is:
> 1. Diving mode has higher priority then the tank content.
> 2. D6 has for tank1 31% as it was for last Nitrox dive. But since the
> diving mode was switched to AIR, D6 is using air for the calculation.
> 3. The divecomputerlib detected Nitrox in the tank bud did not check
> what is the diving mode - if in the log data exist anything like a
> diving mode ....

That could be an explanation, yes.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg