Incorrect tank info.

Ďoďo dodo.sk at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:28:06 PDT 2012

> On 08/23/2012 05:05 PM, Jef Driesen wrote:
>>
>> BTW, what about the case where you set your gasmix to nitrox, but the
>> decompression algorithm to
>> air?  That way you use the nitrox for an extra safety margin (because the
>> deco algorithm is using
>> air), while the actual mix is still used for calculation oxygen toxicity.
>> Or doing just the
>> decompression with a richer mix, and keep the dive computer on air. Again
>> no idea if the Suunto's
>> support this.
>

> The Sunnto D4/6/9 computers do not support that.
>
> (If someone wants to use a more cautious decompression algorithm, the
> "personal / altitude"
> settings are meant for that, and if someone dislikes the "gradient bubble"
> aspect of the
> model, there is an option to turn it down all the way to a tissue-saturation
> only model.)
>

>> Anyway, I'm not sure what is the best way to take care of this. I find the
>> concept of a dive mode
>> setting a bit useless
>

> I think so, too. But some seem to like it.
>

>> If you have the list of gasmixes, you can easily tell apart whether it's
>> an air, nitrox or mixed gas dive
>> (or trimix, heliox, or whatever you like to call it).
>

> But if Suunto does not report 21% O2 for "Air Mode" dives, it would still be
> good if libdivecomputer
> could detect the mode and work with 21% O2 anyway.

I think it is nice feature that Suunto is keeping last mix even if I
am diving some time with Air. I do not have to set it again if I go
with the same mix. Just mode switching.
And then is is just point of view what is correct and what is
incorrect. Because if on the top level is diving mode test then the
problem we are solving now can not pop up.
If the mode is ignored - and for Suuntu it is not a redundand
information looks like - then it is not possible properly identify the
dive mode.

Dodo