new Uemis downloader

Bearsh me at bearsh.org
Sat Dec 1 02:31:39 PST 2012

Hi Dirk

Am 01.12.2012 03:51, schrieb Dirk Hohndel:
> How many people here have the Uemis Zurich? I know Martin and Linus
> do... anyone else? I'd /really/ love to see some testing of this.
>
> Ideally start with an empty log file - it will automatically download
> all your dives. Then check for differences with what you had
> before. Hopefully the differences will be good news.
>
> Oh, this works better (assuming you have deco dives on your Uemis) if
> you install the latest trunk of libdivecomputer - but it compiles and
> works with libdivecomputer 0.2 as well... there are just some issues
> with the end of deco in that case (as the event that notifies Subsurface
> of the end of deco is new in 0.3...)

I just installed libdc from git and also did so for subsurface (master,
v2.1-126-g79c2b00), then I removed my previous dive file in
~/subsurface/, started subsurface and tried to download from my Uemis.
It says 'Init communication', then the Uemis goes into sync mode, the
dialog prints 'Start Downloading' and then the dialog just vanishes
without any other message. The Uemis also leaves sync mode.
I really would like to investigate further but at the moment I simply
don't have the time to do so... :( - but if you have any idea, a fix or
simply need more informations, just let me know

/martin