Subsurface 2.1 working on OS X 10.8

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Mon Dec 3 09:39:13 PST 2012

Hi all,

I'm delighted to report that with the help of several of you at different
times I now have 2.1 working on OS X 10.8.2 on both my ageing Suunto Gekko
and newer Vyper air.  Thanks to all etc.....

I have written up some of the gotchas from my point of view on my home web
page (please don't laugh at the design....it is truly horrible and shows
just why wizards should be dispensed with).

http://home2.btconnect.com/pom.linux.uk/Diving.html

The short summary is:

1) install the dmg (right click, open to get around security policy
restriction)
2) get the right VCP driver (trial and error with Jef Dreisen's docs as the
pointer)
3) get the right device name (sudo dmesg) to plug into subsurface
4) (Gekko only) set dive computer into PC Set mode.

Now I can do some playing around....:) I'll comment back if I find
anything.  And if I can sort out compilation etc. I'll try and follow /
test along with the on going development. Off to the dive club tonight to
spread the word.

Happy diving.

Amit