Feature suggestion

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Dec 3 11:01:50 PST 2012

On Mon, Dec 3, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Amit Chaudhuri
<amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was wondering if it would be possible/desireable to include dive computer
> model information in the XML output.  Might make it easier for the community
> to work out which computers provide the best set of information for their
> usage.

Current git (not the 2.1 release) already does that. You'll see lines like

  <divecomputer model='Suunto Vyper Air' deviceid='d4629110' diveid='47b60ff3'>

in your xml file after you start importing with the git version of subsurface.

And if you actually dive with more than one dive computer on the same
dive, current git is almost a requirement. That said, I want to
improve the multi-dive-computer situation a bit more still.

I don't think there are precompiled binaries for this, though.

                Linus