Latest subsurface (git) font problem on OS X 10.8

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 03:41:06 PST 2012

Hi again,

yesterday I had the 2.1 dmg working on my OS X 10.8 setup. Using git today
I have hit something unusable.

I then followed the instructions for:

- installing macports (http://www.macports.org/install.php)
- building from git source (http://subsurface.hohndel.org/building/ )

I did nothing to remove the previous 2.1 dmg.

No error messages etc.

But when I click the subsurface icon I get a recongnisable screen but with
unreadable characters.  Nearly everything comes out as an empty square
symbol.  The few things that are readable are:

   - The menu bar (very top of the screen).
   - The banner in the about subsurface dialog.
   - The banner at the top of the application (blah.xml: Dive #0 etc..)
   - Numerals on the dive graph axes and plot lines

In addition, the subsurface icon appears to be missing in the about
subsurface dialog and instead there is a default icon with a dog eared
corner and a red cross.

Is this a known issue? I've seen comments about printing problems on OS X
but not primary fonts.  I can provide screen shots if required..

Regards,

Amit