Crash when editing trip summary

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 06:22:41 PST 2012

On 4 December 2012 07:59, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just got a crash when editing trip summary.  Steps to reproduce:
> - Have the auto-grouping turned on
> - Start subsurface with the test dives
> - Merge the two dive trips together
> - Edit trip summary

here is a patch that i think solves that.

commit message:
---------
On trip merge, call gtk_tree_store_set() to update the remaining trip row

divelist.c:merge_trips_cb():
It seems that when merging two trips, add_dive_to_trip() can modify the "when"
flag of the remaining trip. However the trip row DIVE_DATE column has to
be updated as well, since searching trough the linked (trip) list depends on it
when a trip will be edited.

To update it, we call gtk_tree_store_set() and pass the new properties from
the remaining trip.

This prevents a crash when trying to edit a freshly merged trip, yet based
on its "when" flag, find_matching_trip() may return no matches.
---------

lubomir