Odd icon behaviour on OS X compiled from latest source

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 10:56:15 PST 2012

Hi.

Following up on icon beahviour I mentioned in another thread: Re: [ignore
report] Re:Latest subsurface (git) font problem on OS X 10.8

Dirk is right when he asserts that the main subsurface icons eventually
turns up when the application is run. I'm not sure but it may need to be
run from a terminal for that to be true.  I don't think it happened after
running from the application view in the menu bar a couple of times.  But
it did appear after I ran subsurface-bin from inside the package
(Contents/MacOS/subsurface-bin).

But the only way I get the large icon in the About dialogue is if I run
that same way.  If I simply go to the application view via the menu bar and
start the application it then takes about a minute to respond to selecting
"About.." from the menu. ......And no icon.

The 2.1 dmg behaved well on both counts straight out of the box.

I'm wondering if there is a problem with my Macports installation.  Has
anyone on the list tried compiling from source on OS X 10.8 using Henrik's
instructions ( from here http://subsurface.hohndel.org/building/  )? If so
do you see the same?