Feature suggestion

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Wed Dec 5 12:18:50 PST 2012

On 12/04/12 00:24, Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> I would absolutely LOVE to add deco calculation to subsurface so we
> can add these data for dive computers that don't allow us to download
> it - and ideally to compare and contrast different models (or a model
> and what the dive computer calculated, if that's available).

I'd appreciate this very much. Actually this one of the feature requests
I've not bothered you with at the moment . I'd like to see this
integrated in dive planning features in subsurface.

> I think this would be a great feature to have! And a flexible implementation of the Buehlmann algorithm in Subsurface would also be a great first step towards the dive planning feature that has been on my todo list for a while.

Yeah, as I said . I think Bühlmann would be good for the beginning. I
think I've quite a good understanding of this model and would be able to
support the implementation, but there is already quite many sources
availalbe for this. Also interesting would be a implementation of VPM.
It is said there is some free sourcecode available for this model but I
did not manage to find some as of now. Most implementations are closed
source in my understanding but it would be interesting to get this
implemented by ourselves.

Thx a lot,
Jan