deco code rewrite

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 5 14:10:19 PST 2012

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

> On 12/05/12 21:11, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> Will you do some testing until then as well? :-)
>>
>> Im Ernst - ich glaube, ich bin der einzige, der das im Moment wirklich
>> testet und das macht mich sehr nervoes...
>
> OK, just did some tests with my OSTC. Is there anything special I should
> check?

Yes. You should check if Dirk turned on his brain before restructuring
the code.

> The shown depth still seems to be wrong, are there already patches
> included (in ldc?) reporting the salinity set in the dive computer?

Yes, but they are in the v0.2 branch and not in master - but you need
master to get the deco stuff. I argued this problem with Jef but he has
his reasons for doing things this way (basically building against trunk
isn't recommended or supported by him...)

> And there is one serious issue: I'm not able to spot any deco ceilings
> in subsurface anymore (which has been there before)!?

See above. I'm fixing this right now. Should have done another test
myself before pinging you :-(

> At a first glance I did not find any other anomalies and will proceed
> testing with my Shearwater Predator now.

That will run into the same Subsurface shortcomings :-(

I hope to have a patch, soon, but I want to make sure that this time it
works before wasting more of your time