deco code rewrite

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 5 14:47:39 PST 2012

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

>>> that could be related to a similar libdivecomputer issue - assuming
>>> there's something wrong with the gas mixes reported (or how we parse
>>> them).
>> Oh, for that dive, could you check what is shown in the Equipment tab
>> for Cylinders?
>
> See screenshot attached, seems to be valid from my point of view. Please
> note that the Predator has different gases set for CC and OC mode (as
> OSTC >2.50 also) which is quite annoying. Seems this stupid thing is not
> only causing trouble when setting up the dive computer but now also in
> diving log software. In my understanding the list shows the OC gases or
> a mix from both lists, as the 8/70 has been in both (and the only one in
> the CC list).

Looking at this, my guess is that Subsurface uses the first tank with
91% O2 which explains the somewhat unhealthy PO2 values (I hear
breathing more than 10 bar of O2 isn't such a bright idea...) :-)

Fundamentally we are of course missing CC support (as that was a
rebreather dive, correct?). That is something that you and I should
discuss in more detail to understand how we should add this to
Subsurface.