Segmentation fault during manual merge

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Dec 6 10:43:04 PST 2012

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 9:45 AM, Sergey Starosek
> <sergey.starosek at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Trying to do manual merge of two dives results in segfault.
>
> Ugh. All the dives I tried that on had the dive computer information..

So Linus,

do we need to make changes to the test dives?

We obviously need to add new ones...

I want to make sure that they are viable and relevant and expose a
useful range of features. And since we haven't updated them in many
months I know that a ton of the stuff that we have done isn't in there.

Look at test23.xml for example. That's still the old trip format.
None of them have divecomputer data.
None of them have deco information.

etc.

I am planning to add a few new test dives that expose the new features,
but I wonder if we shouldn't modify some of the existing ones while we
are at it.

What do you think?