split dive computer combo boxes

Jan Schubert Jan.Schubert at GMX.li
Fri Dec 7 10:51:14 PST 2012

On 12/07/12 19:21, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi Dirk,
>>
>> I compiled ok on OS X 10.8 and the split combos appear.
>>
>> The layout looks a bit cramped particularly at the bottom of the group box
>> containing the combo boxes.  But that applies equally to Vendor/Model and
>> Device/Mount point sections of the dialog.
>>
>> What sort order would you expect to see for vendor and product combos? Both
>> look pretty random to me.  [Suunto, Uwatec, Reefnet, Oceanic, Aeris,
>> Sherwood.......]
>>
>> Change vendor and the product box is emptied (doesn't populate with a
>> default for the new vendor).
>>
>> Also, rather oddly, if I change between some vendors (no pattern obvious to
>> me immediately) the length of the emoty product box changes which then goes
>> on to shift the size of the enclosing group box.
> Can you retest that with the changes I just pushed out? I think this
> will look much better.

Looks some kind of sorted, thx. Might be an GTK issue or specific to my
box, but at least when selecting Suunto I get a bunch of empty entries.
Nothing I would complain about, but maybe you want to have a look to?
See screenshot attached.

I think sorting is something which should be done in the frontend and is
nothing Jef should take care about, so well done!

Thx,
Jan