split dive computer combo boxes

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Dec 7 11:08:49 PST 2012

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:
>>> Also, rather oddly, if I change between some vendors (no pattern obvious to
>>> me immediately) the length of the emoty product box changes which then goes
>>> on to shift the size of the enclosing group box.
>> Can you retest that with the changes I just pushed out? I think this
>> will look much better.
>
> Looks some kind of sorted, thx. Might be an GTK issue or specific to my
> box, but at least when selecting Suunto I get a bunch of empty entries.
> Nothing I would complain about, but maybe you want to have a look to?
> See screenshot attached.

This appears to be some gtk thing - or something that we are doing wrong
when setting up the combobox. This happens if the drop down list is
longer than what you can display on your screen.

Move the input window around, pick an entry towards the top or towards
the bottom of the list and you'll see what I mean. It seems to draw a
box big enough to hold all entries - yet when there isn't enough space
to show the whole box, it shifts the box but NOT the entries, creating
this ugly empty space.

If anyone knows a way to fix that I'd love to hear about it.

> I think sorting is something which should be done in the frontend and is
> nothing Jef should take care about, so well done!

Thanks :-)

(and I agree completely)