Print bug in MacOSX: Extremely large fonts

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Sat Dec 8 10:31:14 PST 2012

>>> Clearly the point scaling is wrong on the Mac...
>>>
>>> Can you play with
>>>
>>> #define DPI_SCREEN 72.0
>>> #define SCALE_SCREEN 1.0
>>> #define SCALE_PRINT (1.0 / DPI_SCREEN)
>>>
>>> in display.h and see which value you need for the Mac?

Hi.

Better late than never:  When I set SCALE_PRINT to (0.04 / DPI_SCREEN),
the fonts look better, but things still look kinda wrong.  Shouldn't
there have been grid lines and events on the printout?

Check http://db.tt/cHLfslPX for an example.

> At 14.11.12 15:55, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
>> before i wrote the modification that supposedly does the trick on all
>> os (at least i can see it does on linux + windows), i've received
>> reports that the method in question worked on osx as well. something
>> may be out of place.
>>
>> the patch:
>> http://lists.hohndel.org/pipermail/subsurface/2012-September/000694.html

That patch obviously doesn't apply any longer, but I checked out
b73f29fea3ae88a06d8f773a6d48510520c127f0 and tried it.  I couldn't see
any changes to the printout.  Still enormous fonts.

Henrik