deco code rewrite

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen henrik at synth.no
Sat Dec 8 13:15:33 PST 2012

Den 8. des. 2012 22:04 skrev "Jef Driesen" <jefdriesen at telenet.be> følgende:

> Anyway, I'm still not really convinced the battery status should be a
property of the dive (e.g. a DC_FIELD_BATTERY thing). I don't have a
concrete alternative, but I was more thinking in the direction of some
event you receive during (or after) the download. Something similar to how
you get the DC_EVENT_DEVINFO. The underlying idea is that, as you say
getting some low battery warning is an interesting feature, but once you
got such warning do you really need to have this info persist somewhere?. I
also don't see any reason to have it available in every dive. If the
battery is low on the most recent dive, do you still care about the battery
status of the older dives?

I would care. It could be quite interesting to monitor battery depletion
over time, in order to predict battery capacity or detect a device that
sucks too much battery.