Strange duplication of dives

David Tillotson david at acmelabs.co.uk
Sun Dec 16 10:03:10 PST 2012

On Sun, 16 Dec 2012 09:38:25 -0800
Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> wrote:

> Ugh.
> I don't know why you have dives that are more than a minute apart, but
> that's what has happened. Did some of those dives come from an import
> from another divelog software? Or is the sensus relative clock *so*
> odd that it gets things wrong not by seconds, but by minutes?

The shift is across a change from BST to GMT, which was what I first
thought caused the shift, but as I mentioned elsewhere, the trip ID
seems very odd, which was my main reason for reporting it.

> Your old dive doesn't have any divecomputer model or dive ID
> information (because it's old), so subsurface can't match dives based
> on that either.

Before the recent matching code was added, I always created a new file,
then imported it to the main one. I think I'll be doing some work
directly on the XML file, and moving the added data to the newly
imported dive, which will hopefully keep the Sensus timestamp in place.
At least the file format allows this unlike some (which remain
nameless ;)

--
David Tillotson