Some oddities

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Dec 16 11:28:10 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Two sample lines grepped from the saved XML, (my Stinger has only one
> of the longer lines, all others are on short format, Vyper has 37 long
> and 24 short format lines). Seems odd but might also be intentional

It's very much intentional.

The divecomputer time is *not* saved if it matches the time of the dive.

So when you have just one dive computer, you never see the dive
computer time in the XML unless you've edited the dive date.

If you have multiple dive computer information for the same dive,
you'll generally have all but one of them have the date in the XML
(the one exception being the one that was used to pick the date for
the dive, which is normally - but not necessarily - the first one).

> Another thing is that not all of the events are displayed. E.g.
> following events are not shown at all. (The events seem to work with
> v2.1 using the original logs.)

Right now we display only the first dive computer in the profile. So
events (or different profiles) from other dive computers won't show.

I want to add a way to switch which dive computer is displayed, and
most of the infrastructure is there now, but the actual UI to select
dive computers does not exist.

            Linus