dive computer nicknames

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Dec 16 17:56:45 PST 2012

Jan Schubert <Jan.Schubert at GMX.li> writes:

> On 12/16/12 06:32, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
>> I guess a better solution might be to allow the user to mark a group
>> of dives and then assign a dive computer (drop down? with ability to
>> add another one?) to those dives that have only one divecomputer
>> assigned and that one has no deviceid... Would that make sense? /D
>
> Having the abibility to edit the dive computer names for dives would not
> be that bad. What about editing nicknames itself (if I find a typo in
> them or change my mind after some time)!?
>
> Both not really important but may be for sure used by the one or
> another.

Folks, my todo list is totally overflowing right now.

This would be a great little project for someone who'd love to get their
feet wet with a little gtk code. Sample code for all the pieces that you
would need is already part of Subsurface. All you need is to lay out the
dialog(s), figure out where to hook it in (I think this should just be
an entry under the Log menu) and then write some code...

Volunteers?