XML format change

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sun Dec 23 11:29:35 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 23, 2012 at 11:13 AM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there any need to adapt the XSLT files to the new format?

I doubt we need to do so now, since we should parse the old format
fine regardless, so the old xslt file should work fine. If it doesn't,
then that implies that subsurface itself wouldn't load old subsurface
xml files, which would be a serious regression, and so an unacceptable
bug regardless of the xslt files.

Of course, potential future settings things might be things we'd want
to import (not dive computer nicknames, but if we start adding things
like dive log owner name etc part of the settings, I suspect we might
import those things). So eventually we might want to *extend* the xslt
files, and take the new format into account.

                Linus