[subsurface] Freediving tweaks (#104)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat Jun 9 10:30:50 PDT 2012

Hey, this pull request looks pretty good, it looks like either you did
something special, or github is really improving.

That said, I still really want to see your real email somewhere.. And
we do have a real mailing list (subsurface at hohndel.org), which should
be cc'd too for things like this..

But the real reason I won't pull is that the indentation for some of
that new code looks horrible. And it's mixed in with the normal
indentation and K&R code. Can you please fix that up?

Also, one reason we *don't* show short dives with a big scale is that
quite often when doing things like divemastering for an OW class, the
dives are really short and shallow. So I've got dives that are just a
couple of minutes and go down all the way to 7 feet or so. I really
*want* them to look small and not at all like real dives in the
profile window.

So I wonder if you could make it trigger not just on time, but on max
depth. With perhaps a "zoom" button to change scales? So that when you
move from dive to dive, you see "oh, that was a short dive" without
ever having to look at what the scale was.

                     Linus

On Sat, Jun 9, 2012 at 6:15 AM, Maximilian Güntner
<reply+i-4984696-2cb34f0c1469c92b71d6df32a5614f91c4ed878b-1024025 at reply.github.com>