[subsurface] Freediving tweaks (#104)

Maximilian Güntner maximilian.guentner at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:21:51 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

so here is my "real" email to the "real" mailing list ;).
I updated the pull request today following Linus' remarks. I added
a zoom button to the "Log" menu so that the user can switch between
zoomed-in and normal mode. I assigned the shortcut "Ctrl + 0" for that action,
since it is already established in serveral other applications (e.g. Mozilla Firefox).

I completely disabled scaling depending on max depth/max time, since in general
not every apnea dive has to be deeper and not every instructor dive shallower than 30 ft.

The pre-patch behaviour is preserved, with subsurface limiting the x-axis to
at least 30 minutes when not zoomed in.
Users are still able to quickly distinguish short dives from normal ones when
browsing the dive log.
If the user now wishes to zoom, the user can do that by
either pressing (Ctrl + "0") or clicking on Log->Toggle Zoom.

Link to pull request: https://github.com/torvalds/subsurface/pull/104

Maximilian