Failed to receive the answer (from Suunto Vyper Air)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Jun 19 12:04:37 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 12:00 PM, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:

> The most common error is that people forget to activate the PC mode on the
> dive computer. But let's assume that's not the case here :-)

The Vyper Air activates automatically when you connect it. It's only
some older Suunto's that you need to go into PC mode manually (eg
Gekko or the old original Vyper, I think).

If the Vyper Air doesn't even go into "Data Transfer" mode, then that
means that the connector is not even seeing power. Which easily
happens with a wet connector or badly placed connector, of course.

                         Linus