API redesign progress

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jun 27 10:16:09 PDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 25, 2012 at 5:17 AM, VG30DETT <vg30dett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm puzzled, besides updating to the latest LTS version of Ubuntu (not
> really practical at this time), is it a problem on my side, or
> something else ?

It really sounds like ubuntu has some really old version of cairo installed.

Googling a bit, it looks like ubuntu 10.04 has libcairo2-dev version
1.8.10, and afaik you need at least cairo-1.10 for the whole
cairo_rectangle_int_t thing.

And quite frankly, I don't know old cairo history well enough to say
how that should be done in the pre-1.10 days. Nor do I have a system
that old installed. Somebody who knows cairo better would need to
figure it out.

Or you'd need to update to a newer version. Looks like cairo 1.10 made
it into Natty Narwhal.

                   Linus