Suggestion: Ability to add dives by hand

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Wed Jun 27 14:16:00 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jun 27, 2012 at 5:47 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> This has been discussed before and there even were some patches at some
> point, but those had to many issues to be added to the code - sadly no
> followup has happened.
>
> Yes, this is a good feature to add.

Ok, I did a *very* rough "add dive" thing. It's really just an RFC -
right-click on the divelist, you should get a menu entry (currently
only "Add dive", but I should add delete/edit to it too), and if you
select that you will get the ugliest window ever that has a calendar
and a time/duration field in it. If you pick a date and time/duration
and press OK, it will give you the "Edit dive" window for that, and
when you fill that in and press ok, you have a new dive.

HOWEVER. I didn't even do a depth field yet, so it's pretty damn useless.

I'll add a depth thing and see how it works out..

                Linus