Suunto SDM import ignores dive notes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Fri May 11 13:34:14 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Szymon Kosecki <skosecki at gmail.com> wrote:

> I would like to report a bug ( or perhaps just unfinished feature):
> When importing the Suunto SDM logs the dive notes are not carried over
> to Subsurface data

Ugh. I don't actually have any SDM files with notes, since I've never
used SDM (since it doesn't work on Linux). The SDM files I have are
pure downloads done by Dirk who ran it under a VM and saved some of my
older dives before I had a way to download them myself. So they
contain just the raw data from the computer.

I think Miika (who did the xslt conversion thing) also just used my
sample SDM file.

I can try to do something about it (although I really don't enjoy xml
or xslt) if you're willing to send me your SDM file (if it's small
enough, perhaps as an attachment, otherwise you'd need to host it on
some site I could access). I won't make it publicly available, but
I'll obviously see your notes.

Of course, if you don't mind making it public, do put it out on some
site and point to it here on the subsurface mailing list, and maybe
somebody else can fix it.

                      Linus