Suunto SDM import ignores dive notes

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri May 11 23:27:34 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 11:34 PM, Linus Torvalds
> On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 1:27 PM, Szymon Kosecki <skosecki at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I would like to report a bug ( or perhaps just unfinished feature):
>> When importing the Suunto SDM logs the dive notes are not carried over
>> to Subsurface data
>
> Ugh. I don't actually have any SDM files with notes, since I've never
> used SDM (since it doesn't work on Linux). The SDM files I have are
> pure downloads done by Dirk who ran it under a VM and saved some of my
> older dives before I had a way to download them myself. So they
> contain just the raw data from the computer.
>
> I think Miika (who did the xslt conversion thing) also just used my
> sample SDM file.

Yep, I used Linus' samples with somewhat "limited content". With new
sample file that has the data that is missing from conversion it
shouldn't take too long to fix the issue. My first guess for the fix
is attached. So please test it out and report back if it corrects the
issue. If not then the samples are needed.

miika