Suunto SDM import ignores dive notes

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Sat May 12 12:13:13 PDT 2012

On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM, Szymon Kosecki <skosecki at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've spotted few oddities here and there with the SAC calculations but
> It might have something to do with the way Suunto DM handles tanks and
> capacities.

Ok, I'm looking at your SDM file, and I think I know what's wrong.

I'm *guessing* that the two dives you sent me were done with double
12's? Our SDE conversion thought that since you had a working
pressure, it was a 24 cuft (tiny, tiny) cylinder at that pressure, but
it's actually 24 liters of wet volume. So I need to look at the
CYLINDERUNITS value instead.

That gets your SAC rate into sane territory, so I committed the fix
for that. It still doesn't match what SDM has calculated for you, but
that SDM calculation looks actively incorrect unless I'm missing
something.

Szymon (or anybody else on the list): if you have any SDE dives with
multiple cylinders, can you send those to me?

                   Linus