Any people here with deco dives?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sat Nov 10 06:37:27 PST 2012

On Sat, 2012-11-10 at 14:00 +0100, Jan Schubert wrote:
> Deco dives, isn't that dangerous?

It could be :-)

> Just importet the dives from my OSTC to give it a try. I've attached
> some sreenshots to ticket #5.
>
> http://trac.hohndel.org/attachment/ticket/5/haven_ostc.png is the same
> dive from the same computer as displayed by kenizooid in
> http://trac.hohndel.org/attachment/ticket/5/haven.png.
>
> Looks similar, but I'd suggest to change the color of the
> ceiling/deco.

I actually like our visualization - but I agree that for your diving
style it's less interesting. For more traditional divers (who don't hug
their ceiling quite as much as you do) it visualizes the "surface"
coming "down" when you are in deco...

> Question for the OSTC events: subsurface shows some events which gets
> described as "deco: 60" or "deco: 1200", what does this mean?

It means that your computer tells us at that point that you have a deco
stop of xx seconds at the given ceiling before you can continue the
ascent.

> Dirk, thx a lot, this is real progress to make subsurface a choice for
> technical divers.

I'm glad.