Was: Any people here with deco dives?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Nov 13 08:15:16 PST 2012

On Nov 13, 2012, at 3:32 AM, Pedro Neves wrote:

> Hi Dirk:
>
> I'm sorry to disturb you but I have a quick question that you might be able to help me with.
> I'm trying to manage my diving logs that I have laying around in my PC from a different number of sources.
> One of these sources is a Smart Trak file (actually a mdb database) that contains maybe 90% of all my dives and all the dive profiles I've managed to collect over the years.
> Another source is an odf spreadsheet with some profiles (but not all) and all my dives. This is the most complete source in terms of notes, buddies, equipment and locations.
> Now, I've managed to export the mdb file as an XML file and I was able to import it to Subsurface, but I'm not able to edit the dive comments.
> Also I was wondering if there's a way to export my spreadsheet into the XML format that Subsurface uses. That way I could be able to merge all my diving data.

Pedro,

I copied this back to the subsurface mailing list because I remember we have a couple people on there who are really good with wrestling scripts to create XML output - maybe one of them has an idea for the ODF->XML conversion.

As to not being able to edit the notes - I ran into this once and when I tried to debug it things worked again. Have you tried saving the file and then reloading it as XML file? Nothing in the code seems to explain why that would happen, but it might be worth a try.